Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thoughts Before Christmas



My friend posted her thoughts on Christmas and it was a beautiful post (thanks, Jenny!) and caused me to reminisce on the beauty of this holiday season.
Like most people, I love Christmas. I love the traditions, the food, the family gatherings, the presents- both giving and getting (I am human), the food, the vacation time, the decorations, the food, Christmas cards, and most everything inbetween. I HATE shopping in December, and I think those of you who love black Friday are crazy. But, I love getting all of my shopping done before Thanksgiving! I love the magic of Christmas- the happiness in children's faces and the peace and joy that come this time of year.
But- and this is the part I want to make clear- the thing I love most about Christmas is the reason we celebrate Christmas. I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him more then any words can convey. I know that He lives- I don't just believe it, I KNOW it. Some might ask how I know, and the answer is simple. I have felt Him. I have talked with Him through prayer. I have seen miracles in my life that came through Him.
I have friends who have daily personal revelations and walks with God. I am not there yet. I do not rely on the Savior as much as I need to. I do not yet have the faith to move mountains, and I certainly do not understand the mysteries of Heaven. But, I know that Christ is my Redeemer, and at this Christmas time of year, I am reminded that I need to try a little harder. Study the scriptures a little more dilligently. Pray more fervently. Become a little more as He would have me be, so that I can be a greater servant for His good.
And so, at this Christmas 2009, I wish you the most blessed Christmas of your life. May we all remember the true reason of the season, and all try a little harder to be a little more like him.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment: