Monday, November 22, 2010

YUMMY Soup

My husband has a deep love affair with soup. I am not such a huge fan. I enjoy an occasional bowl, but it is not something I would ever order at a restaurant- I will go for the salad 100% of the time.
-
Being the wonderful wife that I am, however, on occasion I will indulge his cravings and cook up some soup. He happened to order a cheddar cheese potato soup at The Corner Bakery on Saturday night and it looked good. So tonight I decided to give it a try.
-
I found a recipe that I had all the ingredients for and whipped up what is sure to become a winter staple! It was DELICIOUS!!! With homemade rolls, it was incredibly filling as well. It's a very healthy, hearty, easy to make soup so I thought I would share:

-
-
Cheddar Potato Soup Recipe
1/3 c chopped onion
1/3 c chopped celery
2 T butter
4 cups diced peeled potatoes
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded cheese
2 c milk
pepper, paprika, salt

Saute onion and celery in butter. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Simmer covered 10-15 min. Puree in the blender. Return to pan, stir in cheese, milk, and seasonings. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted.

This is from Taste of Home.
-
Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good, but as a fan of chunkier soups, I wouldn't bother pureeing the veggies before adding the cheese, milk, and seasonings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! Alan and I love soup. Spencer, not so much. I'll try it and let you know what we think. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... yummy! I love potato soup and cheese soup so this sounds like a winner to me! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I'm drooling reading this recipe! I am making this for sure!

    ReplyDelete