Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Steps

You thought this was going to be a post about Claire, didn't you? Nope, it's about me- letting go of my not-quite-so-little-girl-anymore Audra. One baby step at a time.
-
Today Audra started ballet/tap class. It is the first time I have dropped her off with strangers to be taught by a stranger. She was great, though! She was so incredibly excited to go to dance class. She would not stop talking about it all day yesterday and today. She kept asking, "Mommy, can I go to dance class?" She will be going once a week for 45-minutes, and I have to admit: this is so fun for me to watch her do this! She LOVES to dance! I would be very surprised if she ends up going into sports, because her interests at least right now are on dance and music. But, we will see! Preparing for class this morning:











-

Admittedly, this video may only be fun for the Grandma's to watch. It's Audra dancing before class. She will often ask, "Mommy, can I dance?" which means she wants me to turn the music on so she can dance around the living room. I always say yes, because I could watch her dance ALL DAY LONG!



Here she is in her class- there is just a small window that parents can watch through, and it has a glare so the pictures are not great. BUT- I just discovered I can turn pictures into black and white on my editing program so that made them look much better. FYI, there will probably be many B/W photos forthcoming!


Audra is the one with the criss-crossed back.










-


After class, we got in the car and Audra said, "I love dance class!" Yup, I think we found her niche!

2 comments:

  1. Yea for dancing! She is SO cute! I hope I have a little dancer someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little dancer you have!

    ReplyDelete