Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Days of Summer

Last week was SUPER HOT and Ben kept complaining that he wanted to go bike riding before the summer ended, but we didn't have a way to go with Audra. So, after weeks of discussion, we decided to splurge and buy a bike carrier.

This is Ben putting it together- he is becoming such the handyman! Audra ready to go- we can't decide if she liked this or not, she never cried, but she never smiled either. Ready to go! We rode to the park, and it was so much fun! It was a great park, so we will definitely be going back. Ben is really excited to have this and now all he wants to do is go bike riding!

A brief update on Audra, as she is everyone's favorite (including ours!):

She is scared of heights. We learned this when we were out on the deck for the 100th time and Aud realized that if you looked between the slats you could see down 15 feet, and then all of a sudden she froze and started crying, refusing to move at all.

She loves to give kisses- but this consists of her coming at you with mouth totally open and her tongue hanging out, so they are very slobbery (we love them anyway)

She loves hugs and gives the best hugs. Often I will be making dinner or doing laundry and she will run up to me and hug both of my legs super tight so I can not move. Makes it difficult to get things done, but I don't care, I love the hugs!

She enjoys playing the drum set that we have in our basement

She loves taking out all of the diapers in her diaper holder, handing them to me, and then putting them all back in.

She likes making Indian noises with her hand over her mouth to test her voice (I know that is totally politically incorrect, but I wasn't sure how else to describe that, so I apologize, and if you have a better way to say it, let me know and I will edit my post!!!)

Today she kept pointing at her small stuffed giraffe and saying "dada". I am not sure what that means, as I am sure she knows her daddy isn't a giraffe, but perhaps I am wrong.

Her new favorite food is cheese toast (or cheese-its as we called them growing up)

She likes her rocking horse, and is very cute when she is on it as she tries to get it to go back and forth

She really is just the greatest thing that happened to Ben and I, and we are so grateful to have her in our lives!!!!! We love you, Audra!!!

3 comments:

  1. the bike carrier looks like tons of fun for little Aud! :) bike riding as a fam looks so fun. You're not going to go out and splurge on spandex outfits though, right?! :) ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's a good idea- I will suggest spandex to Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do get the spandex you should get pictures, haha! Very cute, thanks for the update. Does the bike carrier have an option to add on a swivel wheel to convert it into a jogging stroller? Those carriers are very fun and practical. I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it either way.

    ReplyDelete