Saturday, January 30, 2010

January Totals

Here's the grocery totals for January:

Total Spent: 339.15

Total Saved: 492.93

Percent Saved: 68%

Goal: To only spend 200.00/month on groceries

I did not so do so well this month. I SAVED a ton by my coupon shopping, but I spent way over my goal of $2oo/month.
BUT, you have to consider my other main goal: to get my one-year supply of food. I feel blessed that I am not completely constrained by a super strict budget, so when there is a big sale I can stock up- which is what I have been doing this month!! In two months I went from my food storage shelf looking like this:

To looking like this:

And, I was still $70.00 UNDER my average of what I used to spend before I started shopping with coupons.

I purposely put all those boxes of cereal in the picture- I now have over 60 boxes of cereal in storage that we are rotating- we go through 3 boxes a week, so I figured I might as well put them in food storage. And, they all cost me right around 1.00/box! Not bad for name brand cereal.

So even though I didn't reach my initial goal of cutting my food bill in half, I am getting closer to my main goal of getting my year's supply of food (and after seeing the horrile situation in Haiti, I am definitely realizing how important that goal is!).

No comments:

Post a Comment