Monday, January 17, 2011

Six Years Later

On Saturday, Ben and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. It has been a great 6 years, and I can't wait for more.

But I thought I would share with you a little story about how our relationship has evolved.

I love reading through my old journals- especially the ones of Ben and me falling in love. I feel like I fall in love with him all over again every time I read them. There are so many sweet experiences we had as we began dating and then became inseparable and then finally got engaged and married.

So right before our anniversary I was reading my journal and the days leading up to our wedding. The wedding was in Utah, so it was a little stressful the days leading up to it.

On the Wednesday before the wedding, I was at our apartment, and Ben said, "Christina, you are really stressed out. What can I do to help?"

Now let me say: Since that day, that phrase has never once come out of Ben's mouth! I read that to him and we both started laughing. Now, here is what Ben says- 6 years later: "Christina, you are really stressed out. STOP DOING IT! You bring this on yourself!"

And that is one way that our marriage has evolved.
------
For our anniversary, we went to a restaurant called Tarbelll's. We don't watch Iron Chef, but one of the shows winners' is the creator of the restaurant. How was it?

Well, it was quite literally the BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!! It was so incredibly delicious! I ordered salmon and even though I come from Seattle and have had my fair share of salmon, THIS WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!! We ordered the mousse for dessert, and no other dessert will ever compare with this mousse! Seriously, SOOOOOOOO good!!! I highly recommend this restaurant!

(and, for those of you wondering, I got 3 loads of laundry done that day, not 5)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 6 years! I don't know Ben that well, but he seems like the perfect husband for you. I'm glad you guys are so happy and that you had a good anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I'm glad you liked the restaurant. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete