After 15 months of being on the market, sitting vacant, with no hope of selling, and ONE DAY before we were about to get an official offer to trade from them, our dream house got an offer. The 10% chance I gave of them getting an offer by the time we were under contract came true. The offer they received was very low and they are still negotiating, but it looks like we have lost our dream house.
I am very saddened by this. Ben is being optimistic. Because my sister Michelle moved with her family to England, we had always said that if we didn't buy a new place we would go to England over Thanksgiving and visit her. So, Ben is very excited to go to Europe as he has never been.
I just need to put this in perspective- it is just a house. And, as many people have told me, that must mean there is a better house out there waiting for us. We don't know what we will do now. We will probably keep our place on the market until the end of July, but I doubt very much that we will get an offer. Oh, well- it's just a house, right?