Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Am Awesome!

(This is for you Danielle- a FUN story about how great I am!)
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do,
or do without."
-Brigham Young
I really wish I could sew, but alas, I cannot. Of course, I have never really tried to learn, so that is probably why. Despite this hindrance, every once in awhile I get a crazy idea and run with it. (OK, I often get a crazy idea and run with it)
I had this beautiful skirt sitting in my closet waiting to go to Goodwill because it didn't quite fit right after having 2 babies.

Because of Audra's love of dresses, and her ability to wear through them at lightning speed, I decided to turn it into a dress. The seams and the zipper were already complete, I just had to shrink it down and add sleeves. Easy job, right? Here is how it turned out:It only took about an hour and I had great motivation: a cutie pie saying over and over, "Mommy makes me a pretty dress."

I will never throw an old skirt away again! Now on to the next project...

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I would never have thought of that. Thanks for giving me an idea for Olivia when she's a tad older. :)

    ReplyDelete