Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Already Trying To Trick Mommy

Everyday, Audra pulls pretty much every article of clothing out of her drawers- both right when she wakes up and when she is "napping." Pretty much every day, we pick her clothes up- though to be perfectly honest, sometimes I just let it go because I am sick of cleaning them up again, and again, and again.
-
Today I put Audra in her room to play while I took a shower. As usual, clothes were everywhere, so I said, "why don't you pick up your clothes?" She said, "no, I don't want to." My response: "That's fine, but before Claire wakes up from her nap we need to pick up your clothes."
-
After my shower, I went into her bedroom- expecting the clothes to be strewn everywhere per usual. But, when I opened to the door, to my surprise, there was not a single article of clothing on the floor! I couldn't believe it- my little fashionista had cleaned up after herself all on her own! I was so proud.
-

-

-

Until I saw THIS:



















I immediately started laughing and had to run and get the camera. She "cleaned up" by putting all of her clothes on top of her bed. Very creative, I must say, but I guess she hasn't heard the real secret is to put everything UNDER your bed to hide the mess from Mommy! Of course, how could I ever be upset with that precious face? (OK, it happens) After this we came up with a game where she would throw me her clothes from the bed and I would put them away before Claire could get to them and make a mess of them. It worked out pretty well for Audra, I must admit!





















Later today Audra dressed up and I just loved this look and had to take a picture.
-
Now, here is a question for all of you nurses/medical people out there. I have Audra's 3-yr-appt. on Tuesday, so I am not overly concerned about taking her in for this, but this morning she woke up with this on her arm:

It looks like a bruise in the picture, but it is definitely not. It is a big red, round ring with normal looking skin in the middle. When I first saw it this morning I thought it looked like a mosquito bite which she had scratched to make it red. The middle was yellow and sticking up. Now it doesn't look like a bite, it is just this weird red circle. Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Ringworm was the first thing that came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie and Aubrey did that with their clothes every night as well. I actually went and bought a little basket (with a top on it) and put dress up clothes in there (basically just clothes that are too big for them now). I told them they could not get in their closet, but they could change clothes as much as they wanted from the dress up bin. It's a lot easier for the girls and I to just throw clothes back in one basket to clean up. It has worked really well. Not perfectly, but pretty well.

    Audra doesn't have any allergies does she? Is she taking any medications? Were you around any animals - cats? The picture is really hard to tell. Does the red circle look dry or have bumps in it? Does she have any other red circles on her body? From the way you are describing it, it sounds like ring worm, but the picture is hard to make out. In the meantime I'd at least cover it just in case it's contagious. The doctor should know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it going away or staying about the same? Could it be a spider bite? (YIKES) I'm weird about that kind of stuff so I'd probably go to the doctor, but that's just me. I have NO idea. Sorry, unhelpful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It actually does look like a bite. Maybe not a mosquito bite, but it could also be a spider bite. Does she scratch at it a lot? At any rate, I would keep an eye on it to see if it gets bigger or changes color or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This morning she woke up and it was completely gone. She was never around an animal so I don't think it's ringworm, and she doesn't have any other "spots" anywhere else. I think it must be some sort of bite- we have been outside a lot (I hope it was outside and not inside- yuck!)...

    ReplyDelete