Thursday, October 9, 2008

Now What?


I might be wrong, and I certainly don't claim to understand Wall Street, but I thought the $700 billion bailout was supposed to stop Wall Street from crashing...that hasn't happened- stocks fell another (almost) 700 points today! I am very glad Ben isn't retiring anytime soon, but I feel really really bad for all of those people who were hoping to retire and now will have to work until the day they die.
I did watch Oprah yesterday, though, and it gave me a lot of hope- she talked about how the power is in us to make the decisions to get us through this difficult time. The process: Spend less than you make- period. They had a financial expert on who said the biggest reason we are in this mess is because so many people were living on borrowed money and now those bills are coming due, but there is hope. And, when all is said and done, whatever happens with the world, all we can do is our best inside our homes everyday. I don't understand all of this, but all we can do is live frugally and not incur debt- Goodwill shopping here we come!!!
I wonder if McCain is wishing he had chosen Romney- heck, then maybe I would have voted for him- I may not agree with any of his policies, but Romney certainly knows the economy!!!


4 comments:

  1. I believe that Romney will be part of a McCain administration w/ some role in the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since there is no chance in bleep that he will get elected (according to every major poll), he won't get that chance! But, I bet Romney will run again in 2012, and if things are still crazy with the economy (could take years to turn around), he very likely could win. We'll have to wait and see..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided that I'm going to vote for Romney anyway for Pres. I don't like either candidate AT ALL, so I'll just write him in. I know it does absolutely no good, but at least I can say I voted in this election. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The main differences between Palin and Romney are, one: that she knows what a checkbook looks like, and can probably balance it all by herself; He's probably never even seen those funny, bound pieces of paper or know what it means to remain within a tightly held budget to keep it from exploding.

    And two: she inspires far better Halloween costume ideas than Romney does. I think the camouflaged, moose hunting, beehive hairdo trumps the 100 watt smile in a suit any day. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete