Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cloth Diapering?

I had this debate on my friend's blog about whether cloth diapering is worth it or not, so this is NOT a debate, but my friends' who had the 1-year-old with the accident (for more information visit their blog at http://colofisch.blogspot.com/ because they are absolutely inspirational!) have been given a great gift from the Denver Diaper Company.

If you are interested in trying out cloth diapers and order through them, they will give customers 5% off all purchases, and give back 5% of the proceeds to the Fischer's to help with their new expenses in having a special needs child. Jenny explains it better on her blog (website above), but if you want to check out the Denver Diaper Company, here is their address:

http://www.denverdiaperco.com/

You can also donate directly to the family on Jenny's blog- even a couple of dollars helps. But, even if you can't donate- you should definitely read Jenny's blog because you will come away feeling so inspired and grateful for all that you have! She is such a beautiful and inspiring woman! I love you, Jenny!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok- I hate Poop. I will never even contemplate cloth. I hate poop.... that simple. I use 7th generation diapers and have for a LONG time. My friend just informed me that they are not biodegradable :), but they are organic, unbleached and chlorine free. That's as good as it gets for me I guess when it comes to diapers! :)

    Also, I was wondering if you could answer my ?. Do you know if Goodwill sells Target clearance items that did not sell at Target??? I don't shop thrift stores, but I am a Target shopaholic and I would like to know if their items do go to Goodwill. Thanks! Hope Audra and Ben are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I read their story. Thank you for sharing it. I'll have a different approach and perspective as I go throughout my day today with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the plug, Christina! They do sell much more than diapers! And, I'm up to my ears in poop most of the time, with 3 in diapers, so cloth or disposable, I'm good (we use a mixture of both, by the way). Like I said, one of my three has poop in their pants at almost any given time. Fun!

    Oh, and thank you for the nice words. We are not inspirational as much as doing what we have to do for ourselves and our kids. Anyone would do the same. If you don't think you could do it, you're wrong, you absolutely could. You could because you love your children and your family. Strength comes from deep within.

    ReplyDelete