Monday, January 26, 2009

NOT a Debate!!!!!

OK, so there are two pressing issues out there that I think are worthy of providing information on. This is absolutely, 100%, NOT A DEBATE! If you want to debate, go to the Political Moms Unite site (a little more liberal) or the Moms Into Politics (a little more conservative) site and you can debate there. I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE A DEBATE- I am merely posting information on two things that I think are of great concern- and, I think you will all be pleasantly surprised because one is a conservative issue and one is a progressive issue. Once again, this is just GIVING INFORMATION and NOT A DEBATE!!! Either you will agree or disagree, and it doesn't matter to me- I just think everybody should be informed.

The first one is a bill called FOCA- The Freedom of Choice Act. I had not heard of it, but it basically takes away any and all limitations on abortions- including making it so if a 14-year-old wants an abortion, they don't have to tell their parents. This concerns me, and I am sure many of you as well, so I am posting a web link with a petition to stop the FOCA from continuing:

http://www.fightfoca.com/

The best thing to do, however, is to e-mail your representatives. You can locate them at
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
If anybody has better information on how to contact your representatives, feel free to post- but again, this IS NOT A DEBATE- either you want to do this or you don't, that is up to you.


The second issue is a certain man who I have mentioned before who happens to get paid millions to spread what I consider to be hate and lies. Well, his newest thing is that he hopes Obama and the economy fails. Now, any logical thinking person would say, "wait- if the economy fails, that could really hurt me." Today, over 70,000 people lost their job- TODAY! They are calling today "Bloody Monday" because of all the job losses- SEVENTY THOUSAND!!! How on earth can anybody be happy about that? It makes me sick!!! Again, this is NOT A DEBATE- either you like Rush and agree with him, or you don't, but I can't stand the fact that anybody out there is pushing for the economy to get worse and is actually getting air-time to promote what I consider to be un-patriotic views. So, I am pushing to e-mail companies that support him and tell them you think supporting the likes of him is wrong and that you will no longer patron their business. This is a site that lists his sponsors as well as their e-mails and such:

http://www.topplebush.com/boycott_rush.shtml

It is a slightly outdated list, but apparently many of the companies do still support him. Also, General Motors now supports him (which surprises me because he wants them to fail as well, so go figure!)

I don't care if you like Rush or not- THIS IS NOT A DEBATE- but, if you are as upset about this as I am, then you may want to send out e-mails, so I am MERELY PROVIDING INFORMATION SO THAT IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING YOU CAN, AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T NEED TO! I have both liberal and conservative friends, and I am not trying to tick anybody off by either of these issues, I am just trying to give people an opportunity to take action on either issue if they so choose.

(I hope I am making my point that I am not trying to debate anybody, I am merely providing information, and either you can do something or not- but the information is there!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I decided I had to delete the first comment as well as my response NOT because it was disrespectful in any way shape or form, but because it ended up giving He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named too much power, and I was worried I was somehow inadvertedly advertising for him, which I did NOT want to do- so, Curt-I value your comment and thought you had a valid question (and you may have already read the response I had written), but I am e-mailing your wife my response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine...I should have respected your request to refrain from debating, and I apologize for that. You were right to remove my comment.

    I've been debating whether or not to start an actual opinion based blog as an outlet to respectfully debate the new president's policies. I think the best format would be to include commentary/opinions from both sides and think you would make a great contributor to that type of a blog!

    I think it would be appealing for readers who are like us and don't spend 24 hours a day in the political environment. It would be a true outsiders view of issues that affect our society, culture, and economy. I know a lot of people I work with like to read my political opinions and it seems like a lot of your blog readers enjoy your posts...so who knows, if we had enough readers we could eventually even sell ad space on the blog!

    What do you think? For me it's a great idea so I can keep my long political rantings off my wife's blog!

    Anyway, there are some pretty cool domain names available that would be fitting for that type of blog format, like www.anamericanopinion.com; www.opinionofamericans.com; and a bunch of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough- I think it sounds great! Just let me know what you end up deciding!

    ReplyDelete