Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dance Recital

I feel like I have been a blogging machine the last couple of weeks, but Audra has had some pretty big milestones (I have been neglecting Claire on this blog, I will honor her in a little bit) lately. Her latest one: Her dance recital.

On Saturday she performed on stage for the first time- and she did fantastic! She said is was a lot of fun, and she really liked that we took her to DQ to get ice-cream afterwards. We got a sitter for Claire (woo-hoo!) and everything went wonderfully well, and here are the pictures to prove it:

 Instead of being in the audience, I was in the back helping with the wardrobe changes and making sure the girls got on stage OK. I told the girls silly stories so they would sit nice, and I ended up with a pretty good view since all the girls were looking in my direction to watch their teacher instead of at the audience.


 When they put these costumes on, I told the story of "Princess Bathtub." It was as lame as the title, but the girls were sad I didn't have time to finish the story before it was showtime once again. By this time, Audra was tired of me taking pictures.
 Audra took the lead in trying to get the girls organized on this very difficult dance move- forming a circle and walking around:


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute. Sorry we weren't there but thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute. Sorry we weren't there but thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete